Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why I love being a Substitute Teacher

Today I received a note from a darling 1st grader.  The note reads:

My faveret coler is blue and green. I lik your shirt. have a nice day!

The note is complete with a bright and cheery flower and smiley face.

It may not seem like much, however I was only in this student's classroom for about an hour to assist with an English and writing lesson. 

I love teaching.  I always have. In a former career-life, I was a corporate trainer. I loved it. I educated adults in customer service techniques.  Now I mostly teach 6 to 12 year olds how to count coins and identify igneous rocks. 

At times I truly wondered if I had any impact on a child's life being a substitute teacher.  Then I receive a thoughtful note or picture from a student.  It's during these moments I know that I've touched their lives just as much as they have touched mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment