Wednesday, March 14, 2012

the BRONZE age

I always enjoy a good hunt.  That is, hunting for new and exciting products.  For a few years now, I've know of a company in Arizona that creates metal components, mainly for the jewelry trade.  Most of their items involve some of the more uncommon metals like titanium, stainless steel, mokume gane, reticulation silver, and bronze.

During my hunt, I captured a few pieces of bronze Sea Fan Coral.  The company ethically obtained a genuine sea fan skeleton, created a mold and replicated the sea fan in bronze.  Cool!

The texture and detail is amazing.  I can't wait to get these pieces into the Studio and start creating new jewelry designs!

What is bronze?  Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin.  It's such a cool alloy that historians have named an entire "age" after it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment